Friday, October 3, 2008

Why I will stay with T-Mobile even if their coverage does suck

I was at a Best Buy today looking for a G1 and there were 3 AT&T reps in the cell phone department that is probably all of 50 square feet. One of the reps approached me and when I told him what I was looking for he immediately started trying to convert me to the dark side quoting how much better their coverage is. This has been bugging me all day so I figure since this is my blog I will take a moment to put it on the record why I will most likely never be an AT&T customer.

First of all T-Mobile has most definitely not won me over with their coverage area because in a nutshell their coverage sucks majorly, what they have done though is show me that they appreciate me being a loyal customer. I have been with them for going on 5 years now and have yet to have them not try to make me happy when I am disgruntled about something. They have given me everything from extra minutes to credit on my account, I have even received a free month of service for agreeing to stay with them.

Most of my friends and colleagues are with either Sprint or AT&T and I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I have heard a frustrating story about how they called customer service because they were pissed about something and were basically told that nothing would be done to help them.

I have been in the retail business for about 10 years and while it is important to have a product that people want, I believe that having the best customer service is paramount to most everything else. T-Mobile not only has the best customer service but they also have substantially cheaper data plans so i will continue to be a loyal T-Mobile customer as long as they keep showing me what most of us consumers already know, without a customer you don't have SHIT!

No comments: